Hello and welcome back friends. Or welcome back me. I have returned after many many years of trying to work out what to do with this blog and where I want to go with it. I’ve spent time working out domain charges and hosting, and getting my lovely friend Juliana to do all the heavy lifting with re-jigging this site. See her work here.
Here’s what we’ve done, and what you can expect in the future.
The site has been organised and streamlined to make it easier to view and easier to categorise and post on my end. We have also updated the Projects page and renamed it Works so as to properly organise and categorise my posts into what I hope is an easier format for viewing and searching. You may have also noticed the changes in titling of these posts – I am reworking everything to fit into series or ‘playlists’ as it were, in the hope that – in the future when I have many posts – followers can find things easier and follow along with the stuff they are interested in.
So here is what I have so far:
- REAL TALK is a series that covers any non DIY posts, especially those that give out pertinent information, and my random musings on life. This such post is one of them. These will not be frequent, but will show up intermittently as and when needed, or when I have a thought I wish to share.
- FULL SCALE is a series that showcases all of my major DIY projects (particularly clothing and costuming) that take time to do, be it over a few hours, a weekend, or a very extended time frame like many months. There will be smaller sub-series in here such as [COSPLAY], that I feel require an extra highlight of their own. I hope to post one of these every month, maybe on a Sunday, life depending.
Now the two series that I am super excited for:
- DOWNTIME DIYS – a series of small DIY projects, usually home decor/storage solutions/simple upgrades that can be done in your downtime – be that half an hour or across a few hours. I have a bunch of these lined up and they are exciting and super fun. I’ve been doing a lot of these in an effort to continue making and creating when time is restrictive/life is forbidding. This will be WEEKLY, though I am unsure yet as to the day.
- EVERYDAY EDIBLES – i like to cook. By no means am I a great chef or even a super good home cook, but I like to try different things and new flavours and styles of cooking. I am trying to eat less carbs so that is part of my journey of food discovery too. I tend to cook and a lot of Asian-inspired one-pot simple meals, and I want to expand my repertoire and keep my interest in food and cooking alive. I also like to make drinks – and as someone that generally doesn’t drink alcohol (maybe once every two years?), I like making sparkling drinks and iced teas, and interesting juice combos. This will also be WEEKLY, and again am unsure which day. Watch this space.
Alongside these are two mini series:
- GIFTED – a series that fits across everything, focusing on gifts that I have made that I feel are worth sharing.
- HACKS – a series where I attack pre-existing or recently-purchased items and hack/update them to get the look/feel/attributes I am after. This one is super fun.
And now for the biggest news. So far, I have talked a bit about my process but have mostly extrapolated on the background to the project and other little associated anecdotes. That is about to change. From here on out, DOWNTIME DIYS, EVERYDAY EDIBLES, and HACKS, will be instructional! I will attempt to post clear, concise, step-by-step instructions within the posts, and material lists and ingredient lists, as well as handy tips, so that YOU can make things too!!!
Phew. This is tiring and a little stressful but pressure is my friend. It is. I swear. These past couple of years have been tiring, but i have been crafting and making so I do have a range of things to post up here. Watch this space. First actual post in forever will come tmrw. And it’s a FULL SCALE.
See you tmrw.
ps: Yes, I like alliteration.
pps: Send me feedback.
Follow me on instagram and see some of what’s coming up in the next few weeks.